ATD ICE 2016 Sessions #S4CE #TU102 #W100: Practical Usage of Social Media for Formal Learning
Posted by Dan Steer
In 2016, I will speaking 3 times at the ATD 2016 International Conference and Exposition in Denver.
2 full sessions on the practical use of social media in formal learning
- Tuesday TU102 = the full session with all the practical example
- Wednesday W100 = repetition of that same session
..and on Sunday, a short speech during session S4CE Community Express, Learning Technologies Fast Track.
PRE-SESSIONs TU102 + W100
Get the new slides
- Here they are… follow this link
- 84 seconds explaining what we will be doing in the session
Get ready to use the Socrative Student App
REFERENCES RELATED TO ALL SESSIONS
All references + tools mentioned in the full concurrent sessions
- Generic references, including books, videos etc..
- Real life examples of all tools shown during the session
Background ideas (not shared in my sessions)
- The Social Media Revolution (video) – the importance of social media today + issues
- 70 : 20 : 10 (video) – different ways learning takes place in the organisation
- Personal Knowledge Management (blog) – contextualising, organising and sharing your knowledge
Interesting examples of social media in learning (not shared in my sessions)
- BT “Dare-to-Share” project (video)
- A non-training example of formal learning using social media (blog)
Great books about specific social media tools:
- “Social Media for Trainers” by Jane Bozarth
- “How to Really Use Linked-In” – get your free copy here!
- “The Twitter Book” by O’Reilly and Milstein
My Prezi presentations on related topics:
- Infinite Learning for the New World of Work
- Social Media, Social Trainer
- Social Media for Social Learning
- How to Improve Formal Learning with Social Media
ps – I reported on almost all the sessions I followed at previous A(S)TD ICE and TK conferences – if you want to read them, follow this link:ATD TAG.
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to my blog by filling in your email address via the menu widget on the right…
About Dan SteerWandering corporate trainer, learning and development consultant, conference speaker and professional El-Magico. I help people get better at stuff by creating and facilitating Infinite Learning © opportunities. The world would be a better place if everyone was doing what he loved and doing it well. I am working to bring out the "El Magico" in everybody. Training in presentation and communication skills, leadership, social media for learning and marketing, learning and development management + personal effectiveness.
Posted on December 8, 2013, in Learning Management and tagged @dan_steer, ASTD, astd2014, astdtk14, ATD, atd2015, ATD2016, atdtk15, fr104, fr202, m115, social media for learning, training, tu102, w100, w104, w202. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.