Posted by Dan Steer
In 2016, I will speaking 3 times at the ATD 2016 International Conference and Exposition in Denver.
2 full sessions on the practical use of social media in formal learning
- Tuesday TU102 = the full session with all the practical example
- Wednesday W100 = repetition of that same session
..and on Sunday, a short speech during session S4CE Community Express, Learning Technologies Fast Track.
PRE-SESSIONs TU102 + W100
Get the new slides
- Here they are… follow this link
- 84 seconds explaining what we will be doing in the session
Get ready to use the Socrative Student App
REFERENCES RELATED TO ALL SESSIONS
All references + tools mentioned in the full concurrent sessions
- Generic references, including books, videos etc..
- Real life examples of all tools shown during the session
Background ideas (not shared in my sessions)
- The Social Media Revolution (video) – the importance of social media today + issues
- 70 : 20 : 10 (video) – different ways learning takes place in the organisation
- Personal Knowledge Management (blog) – contextualising, organising and sharing your knowledge
Interesting examples of social media in learning (not shared in my sessions)
- BT “Dare-to-Share” project (video)
- A non-training example of formal learning using social media (blog)
Great books about specific social media tools:
- “Social Media for Trainers” by Jane Bozarth
- “How to Really Use Linked-In” – get your free copy here!
- “The Twitter Book” by O’Reilly and Milstein
My Prezi presentations on related topics:
- Infinite Learning for the New World of Work
- Social Media, Social Trainer
- Social Media for Social Learning
- How to Improve Formal Learning with Social Media
ps – I reported on almost all the sessions I followed at previous A(S)TD ICE and TK conferences – if you want to read them, follow this link:ATD TAG.
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to my blog by filling in your email address via the menu widget on the right…