I have spent several months getting up-to-speed on the tool and am now offering that expertise via 2 half-days of hands-on training. If you are wondering how to use Prezi in a professional way, but didn’t take the time yet to figure it out for yourself, come to this training. If you are not so good self-learning and need some expert input, come to this training…
Next edition = 16th and 23rd January 2013 (9am to 1.30pm) , Brussels
- Email me on mail @ dansteer . com for more information and to book a place
For many years, the business world has used one common solution for almost all presentations : Microsoft PowerPoint. If it wasn’t PPT, it was a contending version of the same linear slide-by-slide presentations.
In April 2009, architect and visual artist Adam Somlai-Fischer publically launched prezi , a different creative and visual presentation software. Using Prezi, you can make presentations that will stand out from the others, panning + zooming through content on one large beautiful presentation canvas.
Two examples of what you can do with Prezi:
- Simple business presentation by Dan Steer: http://prezi.com/gdsz_qhprm6n/build-your-presentation-in-3-steps
- An extreme visual example made by a design agency: http://prezi.com/xwja941po289/wonderland
Objectives of this training
- Be able to create a Prezi presentation that respects the 4 pillars of an effective presentation: Message, Structure, Content, Style
- Be able to navigate through the Prezi editing canvas, using all available functions to create an awesome presentation
- Receive feedback on your own Prezi, including content, function and style
- Understand what makes the difference between a sea-sick badly structured Prezi and a Prezi with good flow and readability
- Be ready to present with Prezi
- Advantages and disadvantages of using Prezi
- Presentation design in 3D – getting the most out of the additional Prezi dimension and how to pan and zoom effectively
- The editing canvas and all basic functions (templates, themes, text, image, film, other media…)
- How to import and Prezi-fy an existing MS PPT document and make it really stand out
- Making visually appealing Prezi presentations
- How to use frames and pathways to tell your story well
- Different possibilities for creating, collaborating, viewing and sharing your prezi
- Tips for better usage of Prezi (using remote clickers, background music, merging into WordPress…)
As with all my training, you can expect a dynamic and fun learning environment, with good sharing and plenty of real hands-on learning.
- Prior to training, each participant will be invited to do some pre-reading on the fundaments of an effective presentation and watch a short video introduction to the tool and trainer. In addition, participants will be invited to connect via LinkedIn to avoid spending 30 minutes “getting to know each other” during paid class-time.
- On day 1 of training (4 hours), each participant will create a first basic Prezi presentation step-by-step with the trainer. In this way, everyone leaves the room understanding how the tool works and all different functions.
- Between day 1 and day 2, participants are expected to make/refine a Prezi, using whatever functions they want and implementing learning from the first session.
- Day 2 begins with an evaluation of the homework, sharing ideas on what looks great and what doesn’t work. Participants are then invited to learn advanced Prezi-ficaction skills.
- As per all my trainings, after each day an email is sent with additional references and learning points for the inspired and motivated learner.
- Participants are invited to join the Dan Steer LinkedIn group on “Presentaiton Skills” to continue their learning with other presentation makers from my network.
By the end of this training, you will have a complete overview of the tool, have created your first Prezi, got feedback on what looks good and what needs improving and be ready to continue making your own presentations !
Dates = 16th and 23rd January, 9am to 1.30pm
Location = Brussels
Price = 500 euros HTVA
Subscriptions via email to mail @ dansteer . com or by telephone +32 (0)472 346.226
Already using Prezi and need some help?
Thanks for reading and sharing..
Follow me on Twitter