Communication – diverse references
After a fun 2 days full of communication exercises and learning with IT consultants last week, I delivered the following references to the participants. Maybe there is something in here you can learn from?
- “The consultant you want to hire”
- Creating strategic action
- My favourite SWOT questions and 10 tips for effective SWOT analysis
- Book on “Business Acumen” plus my blog-post summary/video
- De Bono’s book on creativity skills: “6 thinking hats”
- Book on body language (including simple exercises to try): “The Power of Charm”
- Book on interogation techniques, which includes a lot on body language: “Criminal interogation and confessions”
- Information on “what eye movements may mean”, although this blog says it is all rubbish
- Book on cultural differences: “Riding the Waves of Culture”
- Book on sales: “The New Strategic Selling” by Heiman + Miller
- “Be FAB to be heard” on positioning benefits, instead of features
- An interesting CV idea 🙂
- Job-hunting strategy + tips
- My blog on how to build a presentation in 5 steps, including lots of examples via links
- Prezi presentation (with sound) on the 4 pillars of an effective presentation
- Video: “Create Strong Messages” including reminder of the 3 most important questions
- Book “The Pyramid Principle” on how to structure communication, including “situation, complication, resolution”
- Book on Presentation Skills “The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs”
- Book on “ego states”, how you build your own “story” and all things “transactional analysis psychology”: TA Today
- 10min video on “ego states” – how your perception of the other person impacts your ability to behave in the way you want
Thanks for reading!
Posted on February 15, 2015, in Communication and tagged assertiveness, body language, commercial communication, communication, culture, CV, ego states, job hunting, presentation skills. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.