For Gods Sake, Listen to Me!!
I’m sitting in a small outside dining area at my client’s office taking lunch, discretely eavesdropping on a meeting between a manager and her employee. It’s been 10 minutes now and the guy (employee) hasn’t managed to get a word in. Literally, every time he opens his mouth, she interrupts…
Managers and Leaders: Please listen to your people!!
I think this is one of the absolutely most important keys to successful leadership.
- If you listen to your people you will find out why they see Citroen Xsara Picassos everywhere and why this is important to you
- If you listen to your people, you will know them better and be more easily able to help get and keep them in Flow
- If you listen to your people, you will be able to be FAB to be heard
- If you listen to your people, you will know if they love red monkeys or not
- If you listen to people, you’ll be able to coach them
Real listening is all about Active Empathy. All you have to do is drop your ego, ask open questions and drill down to get some real understanding…
…not seeing any of that right now!!!