12 random things to remember when you present
I just sent an update to one of clients to let her know what her people replied to the questions “What did you learn?” and “What will you implement?” after Presentation Skills training. Thought it might be interesting to share…
- Practice before the presentation so not to overrun
- Leave enough time for questions and interactivity – the presentation is for the audience, not you
- Hold a non-clicking pen to avoid other figetting
- Limited human attention spans are difficult to manage, so build in some things to get the audience’s focus back on what you are telling them
- Put the message at the beginning and the end of your presentation in a very short and clear way
- Only put the minimum effective dose of content on the slides
- If you don’t remember the order of topics when using PPT, use presentation view to support you
- Ask open questions to the audience
- Use lots of intonation in conf-call presentations
- The message must be repeated throughout the presentation
- Do not interrupt people when they ask questions
- (Since I am not very “charming”) Respond to questions from the audience with (1) head nodding, (2) head tilt and (3) giving a sun tan with my eyes 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Posted on May 1, 2011, in Communication, Resources and tagged astuces présentation, comment faire une bonne présentation, créer une présentation, eenvoudig presentatie, faire une présentation, goede presentatie, perfecte presentaties, présentation orale, présentations efficaces, presentatie maken, trucs et astuces présentation. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.