Make a presentation in 5 steps (2): Know your audience
To make a good presentation, you need to define the audience well. This post outlines what you need to know about the audience and offers some questions to ask to analyse them well.
Define the audience: Who am I talking to and why do they care?
The audience is the key to how you will define your message, choose structure and content and get in style. Before you move to structure and content, think about who you are talking to. Again, answer these 5 questions (write it down!):
1. What is the audience’s situation, what do they value and what do they need (from me)?
2. How do I define the audience in terms of hierarchy, influence and group dynamic?
3. What is the audience’s relationship to me and what is the impact of this?
4. Why is the audience coming to my presentation? What is their objective? What do they expect from me? (this is key to defining the “WIIFM”)
5. What can I do to motivate them to come, stay and listen?
If you are ready, move on to defining your message…
If you have questions, contact me: email@example.com
If you have comments, add them!
And if you want more ideas, follow me on Twitter of subscribe to this blog by entering your email address above/right…
Posted on March 9, 2011, in Communication, Presentation Skills, Resources and tagged 5 étapes pour créer une présentation, 5 stappen om een presentatie te maken, astuces présentation, comment faire une bonne présentation, créer une présentation, eenvoudig presentatie, faire une présentation, goede presentatie, make a presentation, perfecte presentaties, présentation orale, présentations efficaces, presentatie maken, presentation audience, trucs et astuces présentation. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.